Draft program youth School 2023
Introduction to the school. August 8. [Starting] at 3 pm.
10. 2. Women's liberation - Roxanne
- A Marxist-feminist analysis of women’s oppression and exploitation.
- Gender, sexuality, intersectionality: the question of oppression in a broader framework.
- Women's Liberation struggles.
11. 3. LGBTIQ struggles and liberation - Olivia
– Capitalism and LGBTIQ oppression.
– LGBTIQ theories and struggles.
- The Left in LGBTIQ struggles.
12. 4. Ecosocialism- Christine Poupin
- Climate crisis, biodiversity crisis, energy crisis and link with the capitalist mode of production.
- The notion of progress put into question, struggle of indigenous peoples, land grabbing etc.
- Our ecosocialist answers.
13. 5.The working class - Uraz
- What is the working class? The notion of class in Marx and marxism.
- The changes in the class composition of the working class during the late 20th Century.
- The working class today.
14 6. Immigration and anti-racism - Leila
- The EU and anti-migration policies.
- What is racism?
- Anti-racist struggles.
15. Free day.
18. 7.The far-right in Europe
- Far-right / Fascism / Nationalism
- Causes of the rise of the far-right
- Strategies against the far-right
19. 10. The Fourth International and strategic debates
- Our strategic goal.
- The role of the revolutionary party.
- How can new parties be a bridge between where we are now and what we want.
20. 11. Evaluation and general cleaning
Structure of the day
- 9.30-10.10: Lecture part 1
- 10.10-10.20: Break
- 10.20-11.00: Lecture Part 2
- 11.00-11.10: Break
- 11.10-11:50: Lecture Part 3
- 11.50-12.00: Break
- 12.00-12.30: Questions and answers
- 12.30-15.00: Lunch and time for individual reading
- 15.00-16.30: Discussion in language groups
- 16.30-17.10: Final discussion starting with reports from the groups. Part 1
- 17.10-17.20: Break
- 17.20-17.50: Final discussion. Part 2
- 17.50-18.00: Break
- 18.00-18.30: Country report
- 18.30-19.30: Reading time
- 19.30: Evening meal