Difference between revisions of "Youth School 2012"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 09:13, 3 April 2012
1. Introduction to our critical Marxism – Alex Merlo
- Historical presentation of Marx and historical materialism
- Basic concepts: labour value theory, surplus value, exploitation, profit…
- The revolutionary Marxist currents. Mass strike and self-emancipation.
2. The global economic crisis – Catherine Samary
- Historical origin of the crisis: the neoliberal era
- Marxist analysis of the crisis : falling rate of profit, over accumulation, etc.
- Nature and possible outcomes of the current crisis
3. The global ecological crisis – Marijke Colle
- Climate crisis, biodiversity crisis, energy crisis and link with the capitalist mode of production.
- The notion of progress put into question, struggle of indigenous peoples, land grabbing etc.
- Our ecosocialist answers
- A Marxist-feminist analysis of women’s oppression and exploitation under capitalism
- Gender, sexuality, intersectionality: the question of oppression in a broader framework
- The economic and ecological crisis and their specific consequences for women
- Strategic necessity of an autonomous women’s movement; feminism and ecosocialism
- Classic theory on imperialism, imperialism today
- Uneven and combined development
- The example of the Arab region revolutions and the dynamics of “permanent revolution”
- The Marxist analysis of fascism
- Economic and political crisis in Europe
- Racism and the extreme right in Europe, how to fight it.
7. New movements of resistance, USA – Michael Marchman
- The crisis in the USA
- Indignados/Occupy : a new type of movement and its impact
- Their relationship with the workers movement
8. The crisis in Asia – Alex de Jong
- The economic changes in the region
- National and religious conflicts
- Party building experiences and the relations to social movements
- What is our strategic project as revolutionary Marxists today?
- The building of broad parties today
- The current orientation and forces of the Fourth International
10. Evaluation and general cleaning