Youth School 2009
Youth School, 19-30 August.
The school is tri-lingual, English, Spanish and French.
See readings at Youth School 2008
We 19 August
Arrivals, welcome, introduction
Th 20 August
Fr 21 August:
- The Economic Crisis, Catherine.
- Extra evening session:Permanent Revolution, applied on Africa, Jean
Sa 22 August
Su 23 August
Mo 24 August
Tu 25 August
- Afternoon: Walking Tour of Amsterdam (optional)
We 26 August
- Environment / climate change Peter S.
- 14.00: Visit to the International Institute for Social History (optional)
Th 27 August
- European integration and the radical left, Bertil.
Fr 28 August
- Latin America and strategies for taking power, Antonio.
Sa 29 August
Su 30 August
- Evaluation, cleaning, departure
Structure of each day
9.00-9.30: Lecture, part I
9.40-10.10: Lecture, part II
10.20-10:50: Lecture, part III
12.00-16.00: Lunch and time for reading
16.00-17.30: Discussion by language group
17.30-19.00: Concluding discussion, beginning with reports from each group.