Women and the crisis of the capitalist system - Marijke Colle
Outline of the lecture
- 1. Marx and Engels analysis
- woman's emancipation through participation in productive work
- the capitalist mode of production and the future of the family
- the value of the (male) work force
- the value of the female work force and link with domestic work
- reconstruction of the family in the late 19th Century
- central role of women in reproduction, family life and domestic work
- women workers: double exploitation and specific oppression
- the labour market is 'gendered'
- 2. Ecofeminism
- role of women in ecological struggles and in peace movements
- gender and nature: essentialist view or material analysis of the reproductive role of women
- the exploitation of women parallels the exploitation of nature
- women's liberation and the fight for ecosocialism
- 3. The autonomous women's movements
- necessity of an autonomous movement, against any form of 'stageism'
- the Second International,positive and negative aspects
- Kollontaï and women's organisations in and after the Russion Revolution
- second wave feminism : from women only groups to mass campaigns
- what does it mean being a feminist-socialist today?
- strategic necessity of a strong autonomous women's movement
Women in the capitalist economy
- Marx, Engels, 1847, Communist Manifesto Abolition of the family!
- Marx Capital,volume 1 The Employment of Women and Children
- Stephanie Treillet, 2004 Women's oppression in globalization
- Marijke Colle, 2012 A summary of an ecofeminist worldview
- Herrero Yayo, Tortosa Juan, 2011 What is ecofeminism?
The autonomous women's movement
- 11th Congress of the Fourth International, 1979 Our methods of struggle - On the autonomous women's movement
- World March of Women, 2011 Governments owe a debt towards women, not towards banks
- 13th World Congress F.I., 1991 Positive Action - Women in our parties
- Women in China 1947 - 2007