The global ecological crisis and climate activism*
OUTLINE on climate crisis
Power Point 
1. The current situation of the climate
- acceleration of unequal warming
- melting of polar ice
- changes in the oceans
- droughts and torrential rains, jet stream
- lower productivity in agriculture
- emissions do not diminish: insufficient national climate plans
- heath waves make life unbearable
- the rich are responsible for 50% of emissions
2. The solutions offered by “green capitalism”
- capitalism tries to combine continuous growth and lowering emissions: in favour of nuclear energy, drive towards lower wages, the lie about “carbon neutrality”
- the agrichemical lobby continues to destroy agroecological agriculture, forests and indigenous people
- individual behaviour, not structural causes at the root of the crisis
- planting trees: a fake and dangerous solution to lower emissions
- promotion of dangerous and unproven technologies: CCS
- a critical view and the latest IPCC scientific report
3. Our strategic choices
- building an anticapitalist climate movement
- the necessary structural changes: energy, transportation, housing, industrial production, stop using fossil fuels, …
- necessity of a climate transition plan: nationalisation of energy and financial sectors; plan for deployment of public transport making the individual car obsolete and against the false solution of individual electric cars
- an action strategy for saving the climate: blocking as many dangerous projects as possible (bloccadia) – struggle for reconversion and climate jobs – support the struggle of indigenous people – save artisanal fisheries worldwide – stop production of harmful substances ( plastics, pesticides, …) and of throwaway objects Produce less – recycle more – share more
Capitalism destroys nature and human society.
To save the climate for the ultimate catastrophe: necessity of overthrowing this system, its productivist logic based on competition and unlimited growth.
Building a new alliance between humans and nature.
The ecosocialist project is the only one to work for an better future.
Phil Hearse - The Earth is burning 
Corey J.A. Bradshaw, Daniel T. Blumstein, Paul R. Ehrlich - Worried about Earth’s future? Well, the outlook is worse than even scientists can grasp