Difference between revisions of "Ecosocialist School 2012"
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
* [[Brazil - PSOL/Enlace]]
* [[Brazil - PSOL/Enlace]]
= Program =
= Program =
Revision as of 20:16, 28 November 2012
The ecosocialist school is organised by the IIRE in collaboration with progressive organisations from different countries.
All participants must be proposed by those organisations.
The systemic crisis of capitalism, consequences for the exploited and the oppressed
Introduction to our critical Marxism - Alex Merlo
- Marx's materialism: The Theses on Feuerbach
- Introduction to historical materialism: The image of base and superstructure.
- Introduction to the Marxist critique of political economy: use value, exchange value, surplus value, exploitation.
- A Marxist analysis of the place of women in capitalist society
- Women and ecology, ecofeminism
- The need for an autonomous women’s movement :some examples past and present
Imperialism today – Alex de Jong
- The classic theory of imperialism (origins, Lenin’s analysis, first world war)
- Imperialism under US hegemony (post Second World War)
- Geopolitics today, emerging imperialist powers and declining imperialist powers
The new working class - Dan La Botz
- The working class as a revolutionary class
- The transformations in the structure of production worldwide and in the composition of the working class (“postfordism”, delocalisation, rise of the service sector, precariousness, migrants, youth, women, etc.)
- The current situation of the labour movement and class consciousness,challenges.
A Marxist-feminist view on gender - Nadia De Mond
- Origins and different aspects of women’s oppression
- Patriarchal attitudes and mechanisms that influence our way of looking at the family, reproduction and gender in society at large.
- Sexual identities, the LGBT movement, homophobia and heterosexism
Marxism and the national question - Jaime Pastor
- An historic and theoretical perspective on nations
- Struggles for national liberation and socialist revolution: strategic debates
- Current examples of national conflicts and struggles
The global economic crisis - Nacho Álvarez
- The neoliberal answer to the crisis since the 1980’s
- Marxist analysis of the current crisis
- The responses of the bourgeoisie to the current crisis and their solutions
Ecosocialism - Daniel Tanuro
- An ecological reconstruction of Marxism
- The stages of development of the capitalist ecological crisis
- The foundations of an ecosocialist stratégy
Food crisis - Jamie M
- The origins of the current food crisis and a Marxist explanation
- The concept of food sovereignty as opposed to agribusiness and to ‘food safety’
- New peasants and indigenous peoples struggles, the fight against global agribusiness and capitalist agriculture
Climate crisis - Marijke Colle
- Technical explanation of global warming and its consequences
- The impossible green capitalist solutions
- Climate change and social justice
Our socialist project - Catherine Samary
- The problem of bureaucracy before and after the overthrow of capitalism
- Democracy and political representation; democracy and the Law; importance of self organisation before and after the revolution
- Socialist democracy and political pluralism
- Balance sheet of the 20th Century experiences
- Rebuilding class consciousness and rebuilding mass organisations
- Mass mobilisation and united fronts, new movements
- The conquest of power in the 21st century.
Struggles and political challenges throughout the world
- The economies of the emerging countries, the role of China
- Ongoing conflicts: workers movements, peasant movements, indigenous peoples movements
- The dynamics of the left, new parties.
- Socio-economic roots of the Arab spring;
- Dynamics of the processes in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Syria;
- The fight for dignity and democracy; role of Islamic forces; religion; women’s liberation.
- The left governments in Latin America: Where are they going?
- The role of the Indigenous movements in different countries
- Lessons from the Brazilian experience; new broad parties, Mexico?
The crisis in Europe - Alan Thornett
- The political/class character of the EU
- The EU and the world crisis
- An action programme for the crisis
The current transformations in Africa - Paul Martial
- An economic overview
- The political genesis of the Continent
- Overview of the social and political situation
- Our concept of a revolutionary party
- The recent history of the Fourth International
- Current challenges in the different regions
Balance sheet, Cleaning up
Structure of the day
- 9.00-9.40: Lecture part 1
- 9.40-9.50: Break
- 9.50-10.30: Lecture Part 2
- 10.30-10.40: Break
- 10.40-11:20: Lecture Part 3
- 11.20-11.30: Break
- 11.30-12.00: Questions and answers
- 12.00-15.00: Lunch and time for individual reading
- 15.00-17.00: Discussion in language groups
- 17.00-18.30: Final discussion starting with reports from the group
- 18.30-20.30: Reading time
- 20.30: Evening meal