What is Marxism / Historical Materialism, Jean.
- A few fragments from Hegel on the importance of method
- Excerpt from Karl Marx, Preface to A Contribution to the Critique of Political Economy (1859) – in Marx and Engels Selected Works, Moscow: Progress Publishers, 1969
- Excerpt from Engels to C. Schmidt (October 27, 1890) - in Marx and Engels Selected Works, Moscow: Progress Publishers, 1970
- Excerpt from Friedrich Engels, 'The part played by labour in the transition from ape to man' – in Engels, Dialectics of Nature, Moscow: Foreign Languages Publishing House, 1954
- Excerpt from Fréderique Vinteuil, 'Marxism and feminism' (translated from Critique Communiste, spécial Marx, 1983)
- Excerpts from Michel Foucault, 'On power' (1976) — translated from Foucault, Dits et écrits 1954-1988, Paris: Gallimard, 1994
- Francisco Louça, 'Tides of change: culture in historical perspective' (IVP no. 322, June 2000)